Thursday, July 22, 2010

Dzień Dobry





I am convinced that there is never going be a day when I don't miss Poland. It's an infatuation, admiration, and passion that I feel for this country. To say it bluntly: I Love Poland.






Things I Love (and miss) About Poland:

* The History
* The Language
* The Currency (Zloty)--wayyyy more cool than the Dollar or Euro
* The overly nice Polish citizens who would try their best to understand my broken Polish or English. And I especially miss the kind souls who would throw in the towel and speak French.
* The Food
* Krakow, Lodz, Warsaw and Zakopane.

I miss the laugh or smirk that a person would develop on their face when I would say: "Dzień dobry" (good morning/ good afternoon), “Przepraszam”(Excuse me), or “Dziękuję” (Thank you). All words in Polish sound NOTHING like they're spelled, By. The. Way.

"Dzień dobry" = Jin Do-bray
"Prezepraszam" = Pres-hum
“Dziękuję” = Jing-qui-ya


Today I am missing something completely out of the ordinary- I am missing Drozdrowka Z Makiem.

"What's that you say?"


Here it is:



Mmmmmmmmmm.....




It's a deliciously good, hot and sticky, straight from the oven of heaven: Amazing Polish poppy-seed roll.




I Love Poland.

God Bless 'Em.


....and their Żywiec Beer...




No comments:

Post a Comment